Vision Philanthropy Group is a full-service philanthropic consulting firm. We are a highly specialized firm, focusing exclusively on health care and health-related organizations.
Health care philanthropy is what we do everyday. We’ve been where you are now. As a result, we understand the unique challenges you face in generating support for capital campaigns, endowment, new initiatives and underfunded programs.
VPG’s team has partnered with health care organizations in raising over $1 billion over three decades as staff and as counsel. We have worked in and advised complex health science centers, medical schools, community and specialty hospitals, comprehensive and freestanding cancer centers and other disease-specific teaching hospitals.
Our full-service fundraising and development communications team has led, advised and helped to create high performing philanthropy programs. We have decades of hands-on experience working with influential philanthropists, boards, innovative leaders, academic health sciences faculty in small and large fundraising shops.
We specialize in:
- Campaign assessments, planning and management
- Volunteer, CEO, physician and development staff major gift coaching (See the art of Bold Asking™ below)
- Executive leadership coaching
- Grateful patient programs
- Donor engagement
- Fundraising communications, including creative and collateral development
Our unique program, the art of Bold Asking™, is a series of seminars and coaching designed to build hospital teams’ confidence, passion and effectiveness in major gift fundraising. The seminars present the most effective practices of volunteers, leaders and development professionals across the country. We share the secrets of high-performing philanthropy organizations, coaching your team in how they can achieve similar dramatic results. The program begins with an assessment, followed by seminar(s) designed for your unique circumstances, and, if requested, ends with an analysis of your volunteer structures and practical ways to maximize their effectiveness.
Some of the valuable topics covered include:
- Where are the biggest, most transformational gifts coming from?
- What are our fears in fundraising? How can we move past them?
- The psychology of giving: Understanding the donor’s motivations
- The steps of giving, and your role in moving the gift forward
- Building powerful partnerships among volunteers, senior leaders and staff
- The most effective practices of high-performing development programs
- The physician’s role in the development process
- Getting past “No”
- Getting to yes: Opening and closing the conversation
- “The Botched Call” and how to avoid it
- The role of celebration and recognition
- Optional coaching, either one-on-one or small groups
Over many decades, we’ve learned what works and what doesn’t; where to invest resources and how to build an engaged and effective team. We share all this with our clients in leading, managing and advising high-performing philanthropy programs – tailoring each to meet your specific requirements and your unique culture.
Our Commitment To You
VPG is committed to developing strategic solutions and providing expert counsel in high impact philanthropy for nonprofit organizations. A full-service boutique fundraising consulting firm, VPG believes in building collaborative partnerships for the long-term benefit and success of its clients. We will be there with you every step of the way, assessing and guiding your fundraising program, planning and executing a campaign or developing strategic communications.
We will give you the personalized attention you need. We will listen and help solve problems to ensure success. And, we subscribe to the highest code of ethics and best practices.