Close to Home
Williamson Medical Center
Williamson Medical Center is located in the fastest growing county in Tennessee and one of the most affluent in the U.S. Although WMC is a growing community hospital affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the grateful patient constituency had not been a part of the Foundation’s fundraising program and there was little philanthropic culture. Prior to VPG’s engagement, the Foundation raised about $200,000 annually from special events.
VPG was retained in August 2013 to conduct a campaign study and plan for a children’s hospital and new surgical suites. We continue to serve as Close to Home Campaign counsel.
VPG is partnering with WMC to innovate the Foundation and campaign, including:
• Creating campaign infrastructure and staff hiring, positioning the
campaign platform to propel this new development program forward
• Identifying and engaging campaign committee volunteers
• Transitioning from special events based fundraising to major gifts
• Engaging C-suite and physicians
• Building the culture of philanthropy
• Coaching the foundation staff, Chief Medical Officer and campaign
committee members in major gift fundraising through our Bold
• Advising on the development of the grateful patient program and have
launched a Physician Leadership Council with a physician campaign.
• Creating campaign logo, branding, case statement, video and website
We advised the foundation on the lead six and seven figure gifts, the first in the hospital’s history. To date, the campaign has raised a little over $5M. We are building the pipeline of major gift donors and grateful patients and guiding the culture of philanthropy and physician engagement.